DP Ruto’s Outcry Surprises Kenyans
“This is what constitutes FAKE NEWS. I know it is difficult but newspapers should try selling without the 'Ruto' mention. Please! Tafadhali woiye! (Kindly please),” Ruto pleaded.
Ruto referred the Star's cover story that was titled 'Ruto Allies Plot to Scuttle Uhuru-Raila Referendum', as fake news.
According to the DP, it was uncouth of newspapers, to use his name to sell stories even when he was not involved in the said news.
Kenyans were however surprised at Ruto’s politeness and how he begged.
Most of them highlighted that the DP was tired at the scheme to use his name.
“Big flat fake lie news, I barely buy them cause I know they are there to taint you into the core of common mwananchi But let me tell you this makes you stronger, we barely forget your name not even for a second,” Brown Sosoliso assured.
Others trolled him on how he cried out.
“Woiye aki...mbona sasa.. Niko nyuma yako pole woiye bro (So sorry. Why do they do this? I support you brother),” Wise Man joked.
However, others accused him of being behind the plot of selling the newspaper.
“Sometimes I feel like the DP is promoting this newspaper,” Merc Mchuma accused.
- 22 January 2020 - 12:40 pm
- 22 January 2020 - 1:45 pm
- 22 January 2020 - 12:54 pm
- 22 January 2020 - 1:09 pm
- 22 January 2020 - 11:59 am
- 22 January 2020 - 12:29 pm
- 22 January 2020 - 11:10 am
- 22 January 2020 - 11:36 am
- 22 January 2020 - 10:42 am
- 22 January 2020 - 9:43 am
- 22 January 2020 - 11:12 am
- 22 January 2020 - 10:33 am