Former Gem MP, Jakoyo Midiwo's prestigious hotel in Kisumu was brought down by bulldozers on Wednesday night.
Kisumu County spoke on the issue, refuting claims by local publications which alleged that the former MP’s hotel was destroyed after Raila ordered the demolitions.
The dailies further implicated Kisumu Governor, Anyang’ Nyong’o, into the matter.
They claimed that Raila gave Nyong’o the green light to conduct the demolition so as to ensure that Kisumu is beautified in preparation for the official unveiling of the Kisumu Port by President Uhuru Kenyatta.
In a surprise turn of events, Uhuru cancelled his planned trip to Kisumu at the very last minute.
“The county has nothing to do with the demolitions, nor does Raila and the Governor.
“The land has several controversies and there has been a tussle between Jakoyo and Kenya Railways,” Atieno Otieno, Kisumu County Director refuted while speaking with Kenyans.co.ke on phone.
The eating joint which is known to offer traditional delicacies like fresh tilapia from Lake Victoria was brought down before a notice issued in July for the demolition expired.
Reports have it that Jakoyo also own various restaurants including Golden Spot in Nairobi.
Jakoyo is currently a panellist at NTV's AM Live Show alongside Rarieda MP, Otiendo Amollo.
Here is the video, courtesy of Nation.
- Explained25 March 2023 - 7:22 pm
- Mesmerising25 March 2023 - 7:14 pm
- NOTICE25 March 2023 - 7:11 pm
- Mystery25 March 2023 - 6:42 pm
- EXPLAINED25 March 2023 - 6:50 pm
- Did you know?25 March 2023 - 6:07 pm
- Debunked25 March 2023 - 5:36 pm
- Efficiency25 March 2023 - 5:51 pm
- Bizarre25 March 2023 - 5:16 pm
- adventure25 March 2023 - 4:35 pm
- Green Light25 March 2023 - 4:14 pm
- Apprehended25 March 2023 - 3:57 pm