Betin Kenya Regional Director, William Mugambi married President Yoweri Museveni’s niece, Rosette Barungi on Saturday.
The two love birds took their vows at Nkubu Catholic Church, and the reception followed at Nkubu Heritage Gardens.
Ms Barungi is the daughter of President Museveni’s brother.
A Nkubu Heritage Gardens attendant, who spoke to Kenyans.co.ke, disclosed that the venue was highly guarded to ensure the newlyweds and the guests enjoyed the day in privacy.
The couple had in April, conducted a traditional wedding in Mbarara, Western Uganda.
Museveni did not attend both ceremonies but sent a family representative to the April traditional wedding.
Museveni’s speech was read by his son, David Rubakuba Muhoozi.
“You (Mugambi and Ms Barungi) are in our prayers, and we know you will build a successful family and future because the foundation that you are from has shown us what you can be,” read Museveni's message.
Mugambi met the love of his life while he was working in London and she had just completed her studies.
“She (Ms Barungi) had just completed her studies when I met her. We went on to live in the UK, and currently, we are blessed with three beautiful girls.
“She is my best friend, and I wish her good health with God’s blessings,” he spoke in Uganda.
President Museveni, in the April ceremony, presented the lovebirds with gifts worth Ksh10 million.
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm
- Imagepeacemakers24 February 2020 - 12:30 pm
- Imageno holds barred24 February 2020 - 11:32 am