Deputy President William Ruto's name came up during the hearing of a divorce case between Meru Senator, Mithika Linturi and his wife Marianne Kitany.
Kitanyi, on Tuesday, disclosed that she met Senator Linturi while she worked as Ruto's Chief of Staff, where she was instructed to convince him to drop a motion to impeach the then Devolution CS, Anne Waiguru.
"We first got intimate when Ruto gave me an assignment in 2014...Linturi had filed a motion to impeach Waiguru but Jubilee decided Linturi should not show up for the tabling of the motion.
“And when the impeachment motion was first tabled in Parliament, Linturi and I were at Lake Naivasha Sopa Lodge having a good time,” she told the court.
After the story went viral, Kenyans bashed DP Ruto for his involvement in the plan, arguing that he used underhanded means to interfere with parliamentary processes.
A section of netizens also claimed that Ruto was willing to do whatever it took for the sake of politics.
"I used to support Ruto but since he used a trick to save Waiguru from impeachment, I give up. Also, it clearly tells us once Ruto is elected in 2022, corruption will increase rapidly," commented Ken Rende.
Joshua Kibiwot raised a concern that the revelation suggested that the tactic could be a pattern that politicians use to scuttle their critics.
Sammy Mbui commented that the news reminded him of a Bible story about Samson, who was lured by Delilah to give up the secret behind his immense strength.
" After this I want DCI to investigate the source of all these monies you could afford to throw away easily," recommended Afayo Kings.
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- ImageKenyans Asks24 February 2020 - 5:51 pm
- Imageballers24 February 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm