Political analyst, Herman Manyora, claims that Deputy President William Ruto is slowly losing his grip on the Mt Kenya voting block.
Speaking via his YouTube channel, Manyora argued that the 2022 General Election will be based on the various competing political narratives that have been flying around.
"As there is the 'hustlers' and the 'dynasty' narratives, so do we also have the other narrative that the Ruto's side is so corrupt. That it is made of thieves, and the thieving is at such a level that nobody can entrust the leadership of this country in their hands," he explained.
"As we speak today, the older/maturer people from Mt Kenya region have almost certainly shifted to President Uhuru Kenyatta, and it is because of these narratives," he maintained.
The University of Nairobi lecturer added that although a majority of people from Mt Kenya region supported Ruto initially, they are beginning to shift ground by giving all manner of excuses.
"That they would have wanted to support Willaim Samoei Ruto, but he is corrupt to the core and is also disrespectful to their son, who is Uhuru Muigai Kenyatta," he divulged.
However, Manyora noted that in politics, what may seem that excuses are in fact strategies that work most of the time.
President Uhuru Kenyatta, on Thursday, reacted to the 2022 succession battle that has been termed by Deputy President William Ruto and allies as a competition between Kenya's political class vs hustlers (commoners).
The said politicians have been claiming that Kenya's political families have been plotting to keep their grip on power.
“When you hear people out there talk about dynasties, sijui mtu fulani ni dynasty, sijui iledynasty (so and so belongs to this dynasty, or that dynasty). It’s not about that.
“Leadership is not about where you were born or where you came from. It’s not about the colour of your skin or about tribe. Leadership is the desire to serve; the desire to do good and make a difference in the lives of the people," Uhuru insisted.
- ImageLoan Rangers27 February 2020 - 5:27 pm
- ImageBold Determination27 February 2020 - 4:58 pm
- ImageBizarre27 February 2020 - 4:48 pm
- ImageMemories27 February 2020 - 4:06 pm
- ImageDress Down27 February 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Imageconsequences27 February 2020 - 3:44 pm
- ImagePart Ways27 February 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Imagelisten up27 February 2020 - 2:33 pm
- ImageCorridors of Justice27 February 2020 - 2:05 pm
- Imagepublic notice27 February 2020 - 4:23 pm
- Imageopportunity27 February 2020 - 2:58 pm
- ImageBy the Bullet27 February 2020 - 1:43 pm