During the late John Ng'ang'a alias De' Mathew's funeral service, on Saturday, his first wife, Sarafina Wairimu John, asked the media not to come between her and his second wife, Carolyne Waithera.
She narrated that when the late musician was alive, the two had never encountered any problems accommodating each other.
"Let no one come between us. Carolyne has respected me, I'm mama Shiku, she is mama Mathew and we do not want anyone to come between us," she spoke.
Sarafina narrated of one incident where De Mathew forgot his shirt at Caroline's house, prompting her to ask if the shirt was in her possession.
"If at all I ask her questions and she responds with respect, then who can come between us?" she posed.
De Mathew's first wife went ahead and stated that her children and those of Caroline lived together in harmony, adding that nothing would change even after his death.
"There are people who are trying to incite us, let me tell you, you have no space. We are closer than ever and God is in control," she warned as people clapped thunderously.
"I love and respect Caroline. She came in after me na anajua nilikua nimemtengenezea mzee (she knows I had groomed him well). I will man up and take up John's roles," she told Caroline, leaving mourners in stitches.
The popular benga musician died in a road crash along Thika Superhighway.
He was headed home after attending a fundraiser for fellow musician, Peter Kagia’s ailing child. He was pronounced dead on arrival at Thika Nursing Home.
- Imagewow27 February 2020 - 5:56 pm
- ImageLoan Rangers27 February 2020 - 5:27 pm
- ImageBold Determination27 February 2020 - 4:58 pm
- ImageBizarre27 February 2020 - 4:48 pm
- ImageMemories27 February 2020 - 4:06 pm
- ImageDress Down27 February 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Imageconsequences27 February 2020 - 3:44 pm
- ImagePart Ways27 February 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Imagelisten up27 February 2020 - 2:33 pm
- ImageCorridors of Justice27 February 2020 - 2:05 pm
- Imagepublic notice27 February 2020 - 4:23 pm
- Imageopportunity27 February 2020 - 2:58 pm