The Late Kibra MP Ken Okoth's brother, Bernard Otieno Okoth, on Saturday, September 7, floored nine other aspirants to clinch the Orange Democratic Movement's (ODM) ticket in the upcoming Kibra mini poll.
Bernard Okoth alias Imran will now face among others, McDonald Mariga of Jubilee Party, former ODM strategist Eliud Owalo fielded by Musalia Mudavadi's ANC, Khamisi Butichi (Ford Kenya) and Ukweli Party's Editar Ochieng.
The Star reports Imran garnered a total of 4,382 votes against his closest challenger Peter Orero who managed 1,218 votes.
Below are the results of the rest of the candidates in the highly anticipated nominations.
John Milla Otieno - 906
Ben Musungu - 524
Christine Odhiambo - 417
Tony Ogola 381
Stephen Okello - 228
Brian Owino - 127
Reuben Ojijo - 52
Eric Obayi - 45
On the release of the results, the party's secretary-general Edwin Sifuna tweeted his congratulatory message.
"Thank you to all ODM party members in Kibra for conducting yourselves like the democrats we have always known you to be. Thank you for your patience in the face of various challenges as you voted today. Congratulations ndugu Imran Okoth."
Earlier on Sunday, August 25, Imran suffered an embarrassment during a rally attended by party leader Raila Odinga when he was forced to abandon his speech midway after an irate crowd heckled him apparently for honouring his late brother's wish to be cremated, something they were strongly opposed to.
- hard times5 July 2020 - 2:43 pm
- Ill-Fated5 July 2020 - 1:01 pm
- busted5 July 2020 - 12:40 pm
- A-Team5 July 2020 - 12:24 pm
- Tragic5 July 2020 - 12:14 pm
- Outsmarted5 July 2020 - 12:10 pm
- latest5 July 2020 - 11:57 am
- Hit Back5 July 2020 - 11:18 am
- gifted5 July 2020 - 10:20 am
- Baptism By Fire5 July 2020 - 10:29 am
- Lucrative5 July 2020 - 9:20 am
- desperate5 July 2020 - 9:06 am