A boda boda rider was, on Monday, September 9, shot dead by a criminal gang in Ichaweri Village, Gatundu South Constituency.
The brutal murder occurred just a few metres away from President Uhuru Kenyatta's ancestral home in the area, People's Daily reported.
According to the publication, the thugs attacked the victim, Joseph Kagwa, who was in his house with his wife.
The gang broke into their house using sledgehammers and later shot him at close range. His wife, Mary Mutindi Kagwa, was also not spared as she was shot in the leg.
The victims were rushed to Gatundu Level 5 Hospital where Kagwa was pronounced dead.
Reports indicated that the criminals made away with two mobile phones and Ksh 4,000 after committing the heinous act.
The incident prompted residents in the Ichaweri and Ng'enda villages in the constituency, to hold protests citing fears of the re-emergence of the dreaded Mungiki sect.
They held blocked the roads and lit bonfires as they engaged with police for the better part of Tuesday.
The irate residents accused the government of focusing more on battling illicit brew while turning a blind eye on its duty to keep them safe.
Earlier in November 2018, Central Regional Commissioner, Wilson Njega raised the alarm over attempts by the dreaded Mungiki sect to regroup in parts of the region.
He stated that the group had infiltrated the Kikuyu rite of passage to lure young boys to join the group.
Here is the video courtesy of NTV:
- costly outing1 June 2020 - 3:48 pm
- congratulations1 June 2020 - 3:43 pm
- Almost normal1 June 2020 - 2:54 pm
- past lessons1 June 2020 - 2:32 pm
- extra-judicial1 June 2020 - 2:08 pm
- Score card1 June 2020 - 1:50 pm
- here's Why1 June 2020 - 1:06 pm
- Spotted1 June 2020 - 12:09 pm
- in person1 June 2020 - 12:04 pm
- Punishment1 June 2020 - 11:37 am
- Anticipations1 June 2020 - 11:38 am
- still got it1 June 2020 - 11:21 am