Deputy President William Ruto angrily lashed at out at Kirinyaga Governor Anne Waiguru, over her remarks on President Uhuru Kenyatta.
Waiguru, while speaking at Kerugoya Level 5 hospital on Wednesday, September 11, stated that Kenyans were not ready for another president from the Kikuyu community.
"Let’s be honest, Kenya has many communities and one or two cannot continue dominating the leadership of this country," Waiguru asserted as reported by The Star.
Ruto took to social media to blast Waiguru, who had also stated that Mt Kenya was waiting for Uhuru's directive over 2022 elections.
'We supported and voted for Uhuru to succeed former President Mwai Kibaki, not because of ethnicity but competence.
"He is not the leader of any ethnic community but that of Jubilee, the largest political party with MCA's,MPS and Governors in 41 of 47 counties and the President of Kenya. Muwache kasumba ya ukabila please (You need to steer clear of tribalistic undertones, please)," Ruto posted on Twitter on Thursday, September 12.
Waiguru who was a key ally of the DP fell out with Ruto and even ditched him. In June 2019, she accused the DP of engaging in premature campaigns and often undermining the president.
Ruto further skipped Waiguru's wedding on July 13, 2019.
The two also do not see eye to eye after Waiguru publicly stated her staunch support for Raila Odinga.
"We all understand that Raila controls roughly half of this country. Anyone who actually thinks that they can lead this country without his support, or his supporters' input, then they are denying a fact," she stated in August 2019.
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm
- Imagepeacemakers24 February 2020 - 12:30 pm
- Imageno holds barred24 February 2020 - 11:32 am
- ImageAlert!24 February 2020 - 2:41 pm