A man was arrested in Mombasa over the weekend for allegedly being involved in recruiting youth for the Somalia-based militant group Al Shabaab.
Abdullah Salim Bindo's relatives said he was arrested on Saturday by five plain clothes police officers after intelligence allegedly showed that he could be involved in terror activities.
His family expressed fears to The People, claiming they are worried he is being tortured.
The suspect's friend identified as Yussuf Kugotwa, says that Bindo is a fisherman and chair of Likoni Community Development Sacco, which police believe is luring youth to join Al Shabaab and other outlawed groups.
Mombasa County Police Commander Robert Kitur told journalists the suspect was in custody for questioning over alleged role in terror-related activities.
- breaks silence5 March 2021 - 9:24 am
- take notice5 March 2021 - 9:19 am
- Warned5 March 2021 - 8:49 am
- My time5 March 2021 - 7:55 am
- Awarded5 March 2021 - 8:12 am
- Trounced5 March 2021 - 7:01 am
- On the Spot4 March 2021 - 8:29 pm
- gear up4 March 2021 - 8:04 pm
- Benchmarking4 March 2021 - 7:35 pm
- Take Note4 March 2021 - 8:16 pm
- fact check4 March 2021 - 7:30 pm
- well wishers4 March 2021 - 6:31 pm