Netizens were left with many questions after former State House Digital Director Dennis Itumbi posted a photo that seemed to suggest that former Kakamega Senator Bonny Khalwale had travelled to Vienna with Deputy President William Ruto.
In the photo, Ruto, Khalwale and Kenya's ambassador to Austria Robinson Githae were seen walking past a signage at Vienna International Airport.
While it was not immediately clear when the photo was taken, social media users couldn't help but wonder if Khalwale had gone to the country to cheer Eliud Kipchoge as he attempted to run a marathon in under 2 hours.
Coincidentally, Khalwale's first wife, Adelaide Khalwale, was supposed to be buried today after passing away at their Malinya home on Friday, October 5.
Adelaide, who had been married to the former lawmaker for 39 years, was first diagnosed with cervical cancer in 2013.
The 56-year-old mother of four later underwent chemotherapy and surgery and was declared cancer-free.
A few years later, she developed cancer of the blood (multiple myeloma) and began treatment at the Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital where it was cleared.
On Thursday 4, Adelaide developed pulmonary hypertension and after two days of medication, she stopped breathing.
As such, many netizens were left wondering whether Khalwale had travelled to Vienna on the day that he was supposed to bid farewell to his wife.
Our attempts to reach him for a comment bore no fruit as his phone was off.
- buried hatchet1 June 2020 - 4:22 pm
- costly outing1 June 2020 - 3:48 pm
- congratulations1 June 2020 - 3:43 pm
- Almost normal1 June 2020 - 2:54 pm
- past lessons1 June 2020 - 2:32 pm
- extra-judicial1 June 2020 - 2:08 pm
- Score card1 June 2020 - 1:50 pm
- here's Why1 June 2020 - 1:06 pm
- Spotted1 June 2020 - 12:09 pm
- in person1 June 2020 - 12:04 pm
- Punishment1 June 2020 - 11:37 am
- Anticipations1 June 2020 - 11:38 am