ODM Kibra candidate Benard 'Imran' Okoth on Sunday, October 13 got himself into deep trouble after his supporters stoned his opponent McDonald Mariga's car.
Reports by Citizen Digital indicated that a section of Jubilee leaders called for Mariga's disqualification over alleged electoral malpractice.
While attending a service at PCEA Emmanuel Church in Makina, Lang’ata Member of Parliament (MP) Nixon Korir and Kikuyu MP Kimani Ichung’wa accused the ODM Party supporters of engaging in violence.
Korir threatened that they would petition the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) to disqualify the ODM candidate.
This comes after Mariga's campaign convoy was pelted with stones later its tyres ablaze, windows smashed and its boot destroyed.
Reports alleged that chaos erupted after locals caught one of Ruto's men with Ksh10 million which was being used to buy IDs from targeted communities.
Jubilee Head of Communication, Albert Mwemusi, however, refuted the allegations and strongly condemned the incident.
While speaking at the church, rowdy youth hurled stones shattering windows in which the Jubilee MPs were present.
“It is shameful the youths who attacked Mariga’s convoy yesterday have followed us here and destroyed window panes,” said Korir.
- boss ladies28 October 2020 - 2:31 pm
- Condemned28 October 2020 - 1:46 pm
- creme dela creme28 October 2020 - 12:57 pm
- Brace UP28 October 2020 - 1:07 pm
- good news28 October 2020 - 12:41 pm
- crisis28 October 2020 - 12:41 pm
- Amended28 October 2020 - 12:04 pm
- RIP28 October 2020 - 11:10 am
- Revealed28 October 2020 - 10:56 am
- see you later28 October 2020 - 10:28 am
- Unfortunate28 October 2020 - 10:09 am
- Expensive Err28 October 2020 - 9:16 am