ODM Kibra candidate Benard 'Imran' Okoth on Sunday, October 13 got himself into deep trouble after his supporters stoned his opponent McDonald Mariga's car.
Reports by Citizen Digital indicated that a section of Jubilee leaders called for Mariga's disqualification over alleged electoral malpractice.
While attending a service at PCEA Emmanuel Church in Makina, Lang’ata Member of Parliament (MP) Nixon Korir and Kikuyu MP Kimani Ichung’wa accused the ODM Party supporters of engaging in violence.
Korir threatened that they would petition the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) to disqualify the ODM candidate.
This comes after Mariga's campaign convoy was pelted with stones later its tyres ablaze, windows smashed and its boot destroyed.
Reports alleged that chaos erupted after locals caught one of Ruto's men with Ksh10 million which was being used to buy IDs from targeted communities.
Jubilee Head of Communication, Albert Mwemusi, however, refuted the allegations and strongly condemned the incident.
While speaking at the church, rowdy youth hurled stones shattering windows in which the Jubilee MPs were present.
“It is shameful the youths who attacked Mariga’s convoy yesterday have followed us here and destroyed window panes,” said Korir.violence
- Inheritance19 May 2022 - 7:29 pm
- Clap back19 May 2022 - 6:44 pm
- Dangerous19 May 2022 - 6:02 pm
- Education Trouble19 May 2022 - 5:24 pm
- Risky19 May 2022 - 5:16 pm
- Cracks19 May 2022 - 4:35 pm
- Saviour19 May 2022 - 3:29 pm
- Expansion19 May 2022 - 2:59 pm
- Freedom19 May 2022 - 2:37 pm
- Embattled19 May 2022 - 2:04 pm
- Get Paid19 May 2022 - 2:12 pm
- Responds19 May 2022 - 1:57 pm