Makueni Senator Mutula Kilonzo Jnr could not hide his displeasure for Kenya Ferry Sevices (KFS) during the funeral of 34-year-old Mariam Kighenda and 4-year-old daughter Amanda Mutheu.
Speaking at the AIC Kima Grounds in Makueni where funeral service for the deceased was held, the outspoken legistlator stated that the deaths could have been avoided.
He went on to add that the Ksh100,000 that was given to John Wambua's family as a donation was a complete mockery.
"I'll say the truth. KFS people are here and I want them to hear this. Even the Ksh100,000 that you gave out, what was that supposed to do by the way?
"It's as if you are laugning at us. Transport CS James Macharia should know that we are very angry that he issued a cheque of Ksh100,000," he stated.
Kighenda and Mutheu were buried in Mung'ala Village, Makueni County.
Former Vice President Kalonzo Musyoka, Makueni Governor Kivutha Kibwana, Deputy Governor Adeline Mwau and MP Dan Maanzo were among the mourners present.
Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko's rescue team helped ferry the bodies of the deceased from Mombasa to Makueni.
Mariam's husband, John Wambua, was moved by Sonko's gesture as he mourned his family.
"Sonko has not only helped me but the whole society. We are very appreciative and only God will reward him," he stated.
Watch the video below:
- not yet uhuru6 June 2020 - 6:02 pm
- get ready6 June 2020 - 5:20 pm
- full speech6 June 2020 - 4:13 pm
- Gradual6 June 2020 - 4:15 pm
- Not yet over6 June 2020 - 3:47 pm
- free to move6 June 2020 - 3:37 pm
- Anxious6 June 2020 - 2:40 pm
- smart leader6 June 2020 - 2:56 pm
- unfortunate6 June 2020 - 2:30 pm
- Soaring6 June 2020 - 3:28 pm
- honour6 June 2020 - 2:10 pm
- Insider6 June 2020 - 1:55 pm