A vehicle belonging to a Chinese company, Henan International Corporation Group was burned down by an angry mob at Suneka along the Kisii - Isebania road on Sunday, October 20.
The residents burned the car to avenge the deaths of a boda boda rider and his passenger the vehicle crashed to death.
Eyewitnesses reported that the motorcycle collided with the vehicle head-on leading to the fatality.
The angry residents accused the driver of the pick-up of speeding and carelessness. Witnesses also accused the driver of the vehicle of trying to make a U-turn on the busy road.
"We were on the roadside when the accident occurred. The driver had been speeding when he hit the boda boda driver who was heading to Kisii," Joseph Momanyi one of the witnesses stated.
Momanyi added, "the road lacks bumps so most of its user's speed. The company constructing the road should hasten the construction to prevent more accidents."
Kisii South Sub-county Police Commander Beatrice Kigalu confirmed the incident and faulted the residents for burning the vehicle.
She added that Kigalu an investigation would establish the exact cause of the accident.
“We will not permits such incidents. There are lawful procedures to be followed. It was shameful to burn the vehicle," Kigalu stated.
The bodies were taken to Nyangena hospital mortuary.
- in trouble21 January 2021 - 1:06 pm
- Accosted21 January 2021 - 12:14 pm
- dramatic21 January 2021 - 11:59 am
- Insider21 January 2021 - 11:38 am
- Take Note21 January 2021 - 11:22 am
- stringent21 January 2021 - 11:09 am
- Puzzling21 January 2021 - 10:35 am
- Opposed21 January 2021 - 10:38 am
- Nairobbery21 January 2021 - 9:55 am
- latest21 January 2021 - 9:29 am
- road to new chief justice21 January 2021 - 9:15 am
- New Venture21 January 2021 - 8:59 am