Stacy Michuki the granddaughter of the tough no-nonsense late minister of President Mwai Kibaki's era, John Njoroge Michuki, was on Sunday, October 20 crowned Miss Universe Kenya.
Stacy was the youngest of all the contestants at only 18 years old, in the event that took place at Panari Hotel, Nairobi.
The Standard reported that after being crowned queen, she earned the opportunity to represent Kenya at Miss Universe 2019 pageant scheduled to take place on December 19, in Seoul, South Korea.
In the global event, Stacy will face 80 other beauties from across the world for the top honour.
She emerged the winner, toppling 13 other contestants who included popular Kenyan singer Akothee’s daughter Aggry Dion Okello alias Rue Baby, who followed closely as the first runners up.
"Being a model has been the best thing that has happened to me. It allows me to be someone I am not every day,
“I’m so happy! I want to thank everyone who supports my journey and above all, I want to thank God because this battle was also fought on my knees!” stated Stacy after her win.
In 2017, she had been crowned Face of Nairobi Top Teen Model and was the first runner-up in Few's Next Face pageant the following year.
Caroline Kinuthia who emerged second runners up was also among the youngest contestants at just 23 years of age.
Angelopedia a beauty website claimed that Kinuthia was the audience's favourite since the commencement of the pageant and had been tipped to win.
- Tragic21 January 2021 - 1:36 pm
- in trouble21 January 2021 - 1:06 pm
- Beware21 January 2021 - 2:00 pm
- Accosted21 January 2021 - 12:14 pm
- dramatic21 January 2021 - 11:59 am
- Insider21 January 2021 - 11:38 am
- Take Note21 January 2021 - 11:22 am
- stringent21 January 2021 - 11:09 am
- Puzzling21 January 2021 - 10:35 am
- Opposed21 January 2021 - 10:38 am
- Nairobbery21 January 2021 - 9:55 am
- latest21 January 2021 - 9:29 am