Central Organization of Trade Unions (COTU) Secretary General, Francis Atwoli, on Wednesday, October 23, caused quite a stir at Citizen TV studios.
Veteran journalist, Jeff Koinange's jaw almost dropped at one particular point during the show, when the firebrand workers' union boss flung his iPhone 11 pro max across the studio.
Koinange's attempted to catch it midair, but it zoomed past him and hit the other side of the studio with a resounding thud.
The phone which was released by Apple on September 20, 2019, currently retails at Ksh 170,000.
Prior to the phone-flinging incident, Atwoli boldly stated that Deputy President William Ruto stood no chance at securing the presidency in 2022.
"The DP will not be the next president. If I were him, I would not waste even a single cent campaigning to be the next president,” Atwoli stated.
He went on to claim that Ruto was handicapped in the race to the house on the hill due to his advisors, who Atwoli described as bad counsel.
"William Ruto can never be the president of Kenya! If he had good advisors, maybe he could stand a chance," the COTU boss remarked.
He went on to laud President Uhuru Kenyatta and former ODM party leader Raila Odinga's Building Bridges Initiative (BBI), and added that a referendum was inevitable.
Watch as the COTU boss throws his phone away at Citizen TV studios:
- Tragic20 September 2020 - 8:28 am
- ejected20 September 2020 - 7:28 am
- Final Decision20 September 2020 - 7:12 am
- generosity19 September 2020 - 8:10 pm
- nabbed19 September 2020 - 7:57 pm
- alternative transport19 September 2020 - 7:20 pm
- not cool19 September 2020 - 6:16 pm
- our bad19 September 2020 - 5:55 pm
- high profile19 September 2020 - 5:23 pm
- on blast19 September 2020 - 4:55 pm
- Partners19 September 2020 - 4:34 pm
- Dangerous19 September 2020 - 4:00 pm