An undated video showing a Chinese man slapping his Kenyan employee has elicited mixed reactions from social media users.
According to a report by Daily Nation, the man identified as Tang Qin is a director at Eastland Hotel which is located in Nairobi's Kilimani Estate.
On the fateful day, the employees namely; Edward Mulwa and Nancy Osoro reported to work and assumed their duties as a chef and waitress respectively.
All was well until a heated argument ensued between Qin and the employees when they were taking orders from customers.
According to the publication, as they were speaking the Chinese man reportedly slapped Mulwa.
“That day I was in the morning shift which starts from 6am to 2pm. I was the only waitress on duty at the restaurant as the trainees and casuals do not report to work on holidays.
"We spent the better part of the morning with only a few people arriving at the restaurant," Osoro explained.
The two were also fired from their jobs. It is not the first time that a Chinese national has made headlines after being inhumane to their employees.
On September 6, 2018, netizens called for the deportation of Lui Jaqi after he was caught on camera calling Kenyans and President Uhuru Kenyatta monkeys among other insults.
The employee who leaked the video revealed that incident happened after a business trip to Machakos went wrong.
Watch the video below courtesy of NTV:
- Outcry1 October 2020 - 2:46 pm
- Power play1 October 2020 - 2:22 pm
- facts1 October 2020 - 2:22 pm
- Listen Up1 October 2020 - 1:57 pm
- destroyed1 October 2020 - 1:39 pm
- god's plan1 October 2020 - 12:37 pm
- making a living1 October 2020 - 12:27 pm
- Nerve-wracking1 October 2020 - 12:27 pm
- Alert1 October 2020 - 11:48 am
- Outcry1 October 2020 - 11:35 am
- unfortunate1 October 2020 - 10:47 am
- Exposed1 October 2020 - 10:44 am