Embakasi East Member of Parliament Paul Ongili, popularly known as Babu Owino on Thursday, October 31, called a truce with the University of Nairobi Vice-Chancellor Professor Isaac Mbeche (Acting).
According to Babu's Facebook post, his brief talks with the VC yielded fruits after Mbeche agreed to take back students who had been suspended or expelled from the institution.
"All comrades who were suspended/expelled from the University of Nairobi to write a letter addressed to the Vice-Chancellor requesting to proceed with their studies," he posted.
Babu who revealed that he spoke to the VC on phone disclosed that the two had agreed that "education is a fundamental human right envisaged in the Apex of that law(Constitution) that no one should be denied."
The vocal legislator went on to point out that the VC had agreed to forgive all comrades who allegedly contravened the university's rules and regulations.
According to the former president of the Student Organisation of Nairobi University (Sonu), this was only the beginning of his fight as he intended to push the same agenda to other universities.
This came two weeks after Babu announced his return to student politics with a new outfit that would address increasing unrest in public universities.
He announced the formation of the Central Organization of Students Unions (Cosu) aimed at protecting the inherent rights of students as enshrined in the law.
The formation of the outfit was prompted by the successive unrest in public Universities around the country, in which he blamed vice-chancellors for having a hand in for profit-making purposes.
Babu went on to warn the various VCs, making it clear that he was keeping a close eye on them with an intent to bring the entire cartel down.fight
- Relief6 February 2023 - 8:27 pm
- Golden Boy6 February 2023 - 7:20 pm
- Relief6 February 2023 - 7:45 pm
- Heart Breaking6 February 2023 - 6:59 pm
- First punch6 February 2023 - 6:12 pm
- NEW DEVELOPMENTS6 February 2023 - 4:48 pm
- FREEDOM6 February 2023 - 4:00 pm
- Education6 February 2023 - 5:42 pm
- New entrant6 February 2023 - 3:59 pm
- Crime6 February 2023 - 5:21 pm
- CHANGING TIMES6 February 2023 - 3:16 pm
- On the spot6 February 2023 - 2:40 pm