Kirinyaga Governor Anne Waiguru on Sunday, November 3, formed part of Raila Odinga's final campaigns in Kibra.
Speaking earlier to Kenyans.co.ke, a source close to the governor had revealed that she had declared her unflinching support for ODM party's Imran Okoth in his quest to clinch the Kibra parliamentary seat.
She finally made the announcement when she took to the podium at Woodley Stadium in Kibra.
She went on to declare that the next government would be formed by those who would push for the Building Bridges Initiative (BBI).
The source went on to reveal that the Kirinyaga governor was a huge admirer of the late Ken Okoth, and was totally convinced that his brother - Imran, was the perfect man to carry on his legacy.
Waiguru's support is sent shockwaves across the ruling Jubilee party who have been drumming up support for the candidate in the November 7 by-election, McDonald Mariga.
Just a few kilometres away, Deputy President William Ruto - who has been going around the ODM affiliated constituency promising goodies to its residents, attacked Railas's development record during his tenure as the areas' representative.
However, cracks within the ruling party's unity in this particular by-election started to show the moment the party's staunch support and nominated MP, Maina Kamanda, announced his support for Imran.
Waiguru now joins Machakos Governor Alfred Mutua his Kitui counterpart Charity Ngilu as well as her Makueni counterpart Kivutha Kibwana, as some of the political bigwigs Raila has unleashed in a bid to secure the Kibra parliamentary seat.
See the footage of Waiguru's address in Kibra here:
- Quick recovery30 September 2020 - 7:46 am
- Insider30 September 2020 - 7:07 am
- bitter exchange29 September 2020 - 7:59 pm
- Expert Advice29 September 2020 - 7:12 pm
- panic29 September 2020 - 6:53 pm
- not us29 September 2020 - 6:09 pm
- Cracks Whip29 September 2020 - 5:43 pm
- Time Out29 September 2020 - 5:53 pm
- it's time29 September 2020 - 5:10 pm
- Sad state29 September 2020 - 5:32 pm
- big win29 September 2020 - 5:02 pm
- Tough Life29 September 2020 - 4:41 pm