Laikipia Woman Rep, Cate Waruguru, on November 9, made a passionate plea to President Uhuru Kenyatta urging him to cut ties with ODM leader Raila Odinga.
She was in a team of other Inua Mama leaders as they took their Jenga Taifa campaign to Iten hosted by Elgeyo Marakwet Woman Rep Jane Jepkorir Chebaibai.
Waruguru insisted that the handshake was officially dead because, according to her, its sole purpose was not only to patronise Odinga and bring to an end street demonstrations against Uhuru's administration.
"The president's intent was peace, but Raila Odinga hid his cards under the table, and since we have found that card, today we declare that the handshake is officially dead." Waruguru reiterated.
"That's why I want to ask the president, chase this conman Raila Odinga away for what he did to you in Kibra, in the nature of what traversed in the mini-polls." She added.
The legislator asked the president to reject the Building Bridges Initiative, accusing former premier, Raila Odinga of having a hidden agenda but at the same time insisted that the Jubilee Party was aware of his moves.
Waruguru reminded Iten residents of Raila Odinga's stand against Uhuru and Ruto when they were face=ing charges at the International Criminal Court (ICC) in 2013.
"People should not think we are stupid. When jubilee took over leadership in 2013 when Ruto was in Hague, Raila was laughing. Raila advocated for the imprisonment of Uhuru and Ruto," she argued.
Waruguru went on to reprimand Dagoretti North MP, Simba Arati's controversial Kibra incident, questioning why the legislator was not in custody and that members of Jubilee Party did not want to associate themselves with such acts.
"That is why till today, Simba Arati has not been arrested, because acts of hooliganism and election violence continue to prevail in Kibra, a clear indication that Kibra has not healed yet," Waruguru stated.
Below is a video of the legislator making a plea to the president.
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- ImageKenyans Asks24 February 2020 - 5:51 pm
- Imageballers24 February 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm