Gatundu South MP Moses Kuria on Saturday, November 9, took to Facebook to criticise the Interior CS Fred Matiang'i over the incidents of violence that were witnessed during the Kibra by-election.
Kuria, who had cleared stated that he was not supporting his party's candidate McDonald Mariga, opted to throw his weight behind a candidate born in Kibra to succeed the late Ken Okoth.
Kuria expressed shock that the majority of Kenyans were mocking former Kakamega senator Boni Khalwale and Kimilili MP Didimus Barasa after goons descended on them with stones.
"I am still in shock that Kenyans are making fun of the violence meted upon Boni Khalwale and Didimus Barasa in Kibra. It is public knowledge that I was NOT supporting McDonald Mariga but we should give everyone a chance to campaign freely anywhere," Kuria stated.
The firebrand politician further questioned the motive of the handshake if it could not help in resolving the issues surrounding election violence.
"The handshake was meant to resolve issues such as electoral violence," he added.
He then turned his attention to the Dagoretti South MP Simba Arati, who was recorded claiming that he had the power to order the goons to turn their wrath on Barasa, calling his action despicable.
"Since Fred Matiangi and the security system has said nothing about this, I presume it's fair game and we should all depend on goons, not on the police," the Gatundu legislator stated.
Kuria noted that the fact that the attacks were in the backyard Raila Odinga who is a party to 'the handshake' was symbolic of what was to be expected from the Building Bridges Initiatives (BBI).
"That this happened in the handshake bedroom speaks volumes about the Building Battalions Initiative. Let's all build our own goons battalions ahead of 2022," Kuria sensationally concluded.
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm
- Imagepeacemakers24 February 2020 - 12:30 pm
- Imageno holds barred24 February 2020 - 11:32 am