Gatundu South Member of Parliament Moses Kuria reacted to President Uhuru Kenyatta's meeting with leaders from the Mt Kenya region held at Sagana State Lodge in Nyeri on Friday, November 15.
Speaking to the press, the controversial legislator narrated that the meeting had for the most part fallen short of expectations that the region had on the president.
He criticised that many of the things which were discussed at the gathering were a repetition of past addresses.
"Of course we have got our traditional issues, most issues to do with our agriculture and our tea. We were here in 2016 and I'm very sad that what we said then is the same thing we are saying today. You will assume there will be people from Mars who will save the problems," Kuria spoke.
He was frustrated by the solutions that have been suggested time and again, but no action had been taken.
"I have not heard anything new today. We sat in the very same tent three years ago, and again here we are, addressing the very same problems," he added.
Kuria also regretted that some of the leaders who had been mandated to find solutions were from the region, but the same problems were still prevalent.
"It is so sad that we talk about coffee again and again but there has been no change, yet leaders who are tasked with directing the sector are from the region," Kuria stated.
"This is a region that is very dependent on agriculture. There is no other way of feeding these individuals and I do hope that the good words and comments of the president will be matched by action," he concluded.
- New Bill30 September 2020 - 8:09 am
- Quick recovery30 September 2020 - 7:46 am
- Insider30 September 2020 - 7:07 am
- bitter exchange29 September 2020 - 7:59 pm
- Expert Advice29 September 2020 - 7:12 pm
- panic29 September 2020 - 6:53 pm
- not us29 September 2020 - 6:09 pm
- Cracks Whip29 September 2020 - 5:43 pm
- Time Out29 September 2020 - 5:53 pm
- it's time29 September 2020 - 5:10 pm
- Sad state29 September 2020 - 5:32 pm
- big win29 September 2020 - 5:02 pm