Kiambu Governor Ferdinand Waititu on Sunday, November 17, ditched Deputy President's William Ruto camp on the Building Bridges Initiative (BBI).
According to K24 Digital, the Jubilee's Tanga tanga affiliate declared his support for the handshake between President Uhuru Kenyatta and opposition leader Raila Odinga.
“There is now no Tanga Tanga or Kieleweke. No one can claim he owns Uhuru more than the other. This is now past tense,” Waititu who spoke in his native language disclosed to a crowd.
Waititu further declared his undying support for the Building Bridges Initiative (BBI).
“I am 100 percent fully behind the Building Bridges Initiative and the handshake,” the embattled governor pledged.
The governor also spoke on the ongoing woes that have seen residents seek to kick him out of office through the Okoa Kiambu initiative.
“For me to have made it become governor is because of God’s blessing. The same God who has brought me this far will be able to help me deal with my cases in court and soon they will be over,” he stated.
The embattled governor is currently facing a corruption case involving Ksh 558 million embezzled county funds.
Waititu who was arrested over the same on July 29, blamed his association with Team tanga Tanga that was spearheading Deputy President William Ruto’s 2022 presidential bid.
Speaking during a church funds drive at Makutano centre in Trans Nzoia on May 27, he stated that he would not be cowed by forces worried about his support for the DP.
- hard times5 July 2020 - 2:43 pm
- Ill-Fated5 July 2020 - 1:01 pm
- busted5 July 2020 - 12:40 pm
- A-Team5 July 2020 - 12:24 pm
- Tragic5 July 2020 - 12:14 pm
- Outsmarted5 July 2020 - 12:10 pm
- latest5 July 2020 - 11:57 am
- Hit Back5 July 2020 - 11:18 am
- gifted5 July 2020 - 10:20 am
- Baptism By Fire5 July 2020 - 10:29 am
- Lucrative5 July 2020 - 9:20 am
- desperate5 July 2020 - 9:06 am