A motorist captured assaulting a female guard on Sunday, November 24 was arrested.
In a statement on Tuesday, November 26, the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI) identified the suspect as Justus Kamoja.
"The 30 year old suspect will be arraigned in court once necessary police action is complete. Many thanks to all those that contacted us," the DCI posted.
The sleuths launched a manhunt for Kamoja after the CCTV footage sparked outrage.
Reports by K24 Digital further revealed the bone of contention that led to the violent confrontation.
While at the gate, Justus reportedly gave contradicting information on where he was headed to, giving two different house numbers, 45 then 42.
However, as Damaris was verifying his details, he took advantage after a resident was allowed entry and forcefully drove in, with the claim that he was dropping off visitors.
The publication which spoke to Damaris' colleagues further disclosed that Kamoja was back minutes later, and as he sought an exit, Damaris asked him to verify his details, again.
Instead of him signing out as he was requested to, he proceeded to mercilessly rain blows on her, which attracted the attention of the people in the area, who came to her rescue. Kamoja then sped off after forcefully opening the gate.
Damaris is said to have reported the incident at Kayole Police Station on Monday, November 25.
- Shining Star25 June 2022 - 7:56 pm
- Veterans25 June 2022 - 7:45 pm
- TALENTED25 June 2022 - 7:21 pm
- Luxurious25 June 2022 - 6:54 pm
- Crackdown25 June 2022 - 6:05 pm
- Roughed up25 June 2022 - 5:12 pm
- Own Path25 June 2022 - 4:25 pm
- Deal25 June 2022 - 3:40 pm
- Guidelines25 June 2022 - 3:35 pm
- TALENTED25 June 2022 - 2:49 pm
- GOLDEN HEARTS25 June 2022 - 12:57 pm
- Murals25 June 2022 - 12:54 pm