Raila's Company Sued by Ex-Workers
Daily Nation was first to report that the ex-staff members stated that the company had failed to pay their dues totalling to more than Ksh150 million.
The 116 workers further cried out that the dues dated back to 2017.
"Up to this month, we have not been paid. We came here after undergoing through all dispute mechanisms we initiated with the company.
"Some of the workers here have been chased from their houses for failing to pay rent. Because of that, we decided to seek legal representation," Dancun Abonyo, a former employee told the media.
Court papers filed by lawyer Moses Omondi indicated that the workers were demanding a total of Ksh73,592,868 in salary arrears.
They also cited that their pension, deducted from their salaries, which amounted to Ksh31,238,187, as another area of contention.
In the affidavit, they also accused the company of failing to remit Sacco dues (Ksh11,474,727) deducted from their salaries and not offering them severance pay.
They further alleged that they were owed Ksh35,669,847 redundancy pay.
The firm is located along Kisumu-Busia Road and has not been in operation since 2017.
Video courtesy of Daily Nation
- 8 December 2019 - 10:37 am
- 8 December 2019 - 10:24 am
- 8 December 2019 - 10:47 am
- 8 December 2019 - 9:47 am
- 8 December 2019 - 9:16 am
- 8 December 2019 - 8:41 am
- 8 December 2019 - 8:32 am
- 8 December 2019 - 7:30 am
- 7 December 2019 - 8:36 pm
- 7 December 2019 - 8:06 pm
- 7 December 2019 - 7:39 pm
- 7 December 2019 - 6:47 pm