The Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) on Tuesday, December 10, summoned Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko's chief of staff Peter Mugo over an alleged plan to cause chaos.
Also summoned by the police is EALA MP Simon Mbugua over claims that he also participated in an alleged plot of financing youth to cause chaos during Sonko's bail application ruling that is scheduled to take place on Wednesday.
The county head's bail hearing was scheduled for Wednesday after Nairobi Chief Magistrate Douglas Ogoti ruled that he would remain in jail for two days on Monday, December 9.
On Saturday, December 7, police issued a stern warning to anyone intending to have a demonstration following Nairobi Governor Mike Mbuvi Sonko's arrest.
In a statement signed by National Police Service Director of Corporate Communications Charles Wahong'o, Sonko's supporters were cautioned against causing unrest in the city.
"We would wish to inform the public that we have reports that a group of individuals is mobilizing to cause civil unrest.
"The general public is, therefore, warned that persons intending to assemble, demonstrate, or picket must do so with respect and adherence to the law," read the statement.
"I kindly ask that you let me handle my problems on my own as I wait to be arraigned in court where I will get to answer to the charges laid against me. All I need from you is your prayers," he posted.
On Monday, during his hearing at Milimani Law Courts, there was a heavy police presence with roads cordoned off in the event of unrest.
- Shed Light5 August 2020 - 4:31 pm
- making it big5 August 2020 - 4:46 pm
- new frontier5 August 2020 - 3:46 pm
- Genius5 August 2020 - 3:42 pm
- family matters5 August 2020 - 3:31 pm
- Surge5 August 2020 - 3:16 pm
- adapting5 August 2020 - 2:41 pm
- fiery5 August 2020 - 2:54 pm
- time to upgrade5 August 2020 - 1:57 pm
- for life5 August 2020 - 1:37 pm
- Fruitless5 August 2020 - 12:57 pm
- Magnificent5 August 2020 - 12:41 pm