Deputy President William Ruto will on Saturday, December 21 at 10.30 be hosted by Makerere University in Kampala, Uganda.
The university, through its official website, announced that the DP will lay the foundation stone for the William Ruto Leadership Institute (WRLI).
WRLI will focus on the study of Africa as a continent. What makes up the continent, the integration, the culture, the resources, the challenges and collective responsibility that must be adopted for the development of Africa.
The institution's goals include drawing on the core strengths of diversifying disciplines and experiences in the development and refinement of methodologies for the study of Africa.
WRLI will collaborate with similar institutes in Africa and globally, to deepen the understanding of Africa in all its complexities.
The institution will aim at strengthening the relationships between the academic and indigenous intellectuals as the basis for reclaiming knowledge and integrate it into local communities.
WRLI will create an environment for the flourishing study and debate on African languages, arts, philosophies, social and political systems. The institute will also enrich and enhance intellectual and cultural life.
Finally, the institution expressed its dedication towards contributing to the discussion, analysis, and resolution of critical developmental challenges facing African Societies through research and extension work.
- notice22 October 2020 - 4:00 pm
- lanes22 October 2020 - 3:47 pm
- My Turn22 October 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Exams Plea22 October 2020 - 3:07 pm
- dead end22 October 2020 - 2:45 pm
- level up22 October 2020 - 2:34 pm
- Heartwarming22 October 2020 - 2:25 pm
- in large numbers22 October 2020 - 1:57 pm
- Old is gold22 October 2020 - 1:32 pm
- U-Turn22 October 2020 - 2:09 pm
- mearge22 October 2020 - 1:13 pm
- balling22 October 2020 - 12:50 pm