Kenyan beauty queen Irene Ng’endo Mukii was on Friday, December 27, crowned the Miss Africa Calabar 2019.
Mukii was among the contestants representing their countries in the beauty pageant held at the Calabar International Convention Centre, Cross River State, Nigeria.
The Carnival theme of the 2019 edition was, 'Humanity, is to challenge mankind that every human being has a right to existence.'
The contest brought over 30 African Beauties and Brains across Africa and Mukii among the top five where she battled with; Angola, South Africa, Congo and Algeria before she was announced the winner.
She will now lead other contestants in campaigning to make the world a better place for humanity by promoting Africa Positively to the world at large.
Miss Africa 2019 pageant is hosted by His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Cross River State, Prof. Senator Ben Ayade.
The contestants camped for three weeks where they were mentored, drilled and taught how to speak, walk and behave respectively, becoming a voice and face of positive change across communities.
Irene is a Mathematics and Computer Science student at the Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology.
- Can't Take it28 February 2021 - 7:00 pm
- worrying28 February 2021 - 6:24 pm
- Take Note28 February 2021 - 7:15 pm
- Surge28 February 2021 - 4:55 pm
- deja vu28 February 2021 - 4:30 pm
- wrangles28 February 2021 - 5:23 pm
- Remarkable28 February 2021 - 4:52 pm
- Filicide28 February 2021 - 4:13 pm
- Intervention28 February 2021 - 3:35 pm
- match day28 February 2021 - 3:10 pm
- Unruly28 February 2021 - 2:23 pm
- Take Note28 February 2021 - 1:58 pm