A source close to the DP informed Kenyans.co.ke that Ruto left for Sudan for a strategic meeting.
The Standard, further reported that the DP was out of the country.
According to the report, the DP flew out of the country in the company of three people, for a private visit.
"He is in Sudan for a strategy meeting but we are yet to confirm the details of the meeting," the source intimated.
However, Emmanuel Talam, the director of communications at the DP's office when contacted, said the reports were far-fetched and that the DP was in the country.
"He is in his office, he is in the country," Talam stated while speaking to Kenyans.co.ke.
A look at the DP's Twitter handle, where he often updates Kenyans on his activities, showed that the last event Ruto attended was a church service at St Paul's Makongi Secondary School, Uasin Gishu County, on Sunday, January 12
Uasin Gishu County Governor, Jackson Mandago, and Kikuyu MP Kimani Ichungwa accompanied Ruto to the event.
The DP consistently informs Kenyans on both Facebook and Twitter of his whereabouts and as such the absence of a recent update on his pages may have been fueling the speculation coupled with the sacking of Agriculture CS Mwangi Kiunjuri who has been closely associated with him.
- go home15 August 2020 - 1:34 pm
- busted15 August 2020 - 1:47 pm
- Alert15 August 2020 - 12:12 pm
- strategy15 August 2020 - 12:23 pm
- Major victory15 August 2020 - 12:03 pm
- Afro Cinema15 August 2020 - 11:13 am
- Insider15 August 2020 - 10:38 am
- manning up15 August 2020 - 10:22 am
- frightening15 August 2020 - 10:06 am
- Warning15 August 2020 - 9:24 am
- Poked Holes15 August 2020 - 8:12 am
- unexpected15 August 2020 - 7:54 am