Oscar-award winning actress Lupita Nyong'o stole the show when she elegantly stepped out wearing a $3.5 million (approximately Ksh 353 million) Forevermark diamond jewel.
She also wore a Louis Vuitton dress embellished with 20,000 sequins and 12,000 glass beads, when she graced the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards on Sunday, January 19. Louis Vuitton is a French fashion house and luxury retail.
An exclusive by Hollywood Reporter stated that Lupita was dressed by fashion stylist Micaele Erlanger, as she battled renowned actress Renée Zellweger for Outstanding Performance in the Los Angeles' based awards.
Lupita was nominated for her starring role in the horror movie, Us. She, however, lost to Zellweger.
Her gown was created by Louis Vuitton creative director Nicolas Ghesquière and took almost 1,400 hours to complete embellishing the sequins and glass beads on it, and over 106 hours to cut and assemble the dress from a pattern.
"We’ve been working on this for months, since before Thanksgiving.
"We really wanted to harness the elegance and timelessness and modernity that Lupita embodies and values," Erlanger disclosed.
To complement her elegant look, Lupita wore three rings with more than 23 carats of diamonds, and two bracelets with more than 33 carats of diamonds.
"I've selected Forevermark many times over the years not only for the beautiful diamonds, but I also love their commitment to ethical sourcing and sustainability, which is so important to me and my clients. One of her rings is worth a million dollars. Basically, the girl’s dripping in jewels!" the stylist enthusiastically proclaimed.
Lupita marched her dressing with black “vanity case” bag and black satin, caged booties (shoes) with a peep toe.
"They have a number of buckles up the side, so they’re a very confident shoe that modernises the look, and the belt is cool and adds a little bite to the outfit” Erlanger stated.
- Imageshots fired22 February 2020 - 7:41 pm
- Imagelooking back22 February 2020 - 7:21 pm
- Imagefirst appearence22 February 2020 - 6:44 pm
- ImageStreamlining the system22 February 2020 - 5:47 pm
- Imagedivine calling22 February 2020 - 5:58 pm
- Imagerelieve22 February 2020 - 4:00 pm
- ImageGreat Talk22 February 2020 - 4:49 pm
- Imagereviving the dream22 February 2020 - 3:30 pm
- Imagetill further notice22 February 2020 - 2:59 pm
- ImageTaking Initiative22 February 2020 - 2:46 pm
- Imagesad22 February 2020 - 1:50 pm
- ImageLocked22 February 2020 - 1:34 pm