Health CS Mutahi Kagwe on Thursday, March 19, updated that the number of Coronavirus patients still remained at seven.
The CS announced that in the last 24 hours, eight cases had been tested and all turned negative.
He added that the number of confirmed cases still remained at seven, six of whom are Kenyans while one is a Burundian national.Health CS Mutahi Kagwe speaking outside Afya House on March 18, 2020
"All the seven are doing well under the observation of the Ministry of Health and Kenyatta National Hospital staff. It is important to note that all seven are imported situations," Mutahi stated.
"It is great news that today we are not reporting any increase in the positive cases that we have in the country," he added.
Kagwe stated that the Ministry had already contacted 145 people who came into contact with those who had tested positive for the virus.
In addition, he stated that over 600,000 people who have entered the country had been screened for the virus while 173 had been tested and only seven had tested positive.
While updating the situation of the seven that had tested positive, Mutahi stated that all of them were in stable conditions.
"Today, we begun tests to see if any of the patients had turned negative, this is something that we will be discussing again tomorrow," he continued.
The CS urged Kenyans to continue maintaining high levels of hygiene to avoid the spread of the disease.
"We have directed the involvement of the Nyumba Kumi, leaders, sub-chiefs and chiefs in ensuring compliance of these directives and also in creating the smallest units in terms of management of the disease," he stated.
- new rules15 August 2020 - 7:49 pm
- legal threat15 August 2020 - 7:31 pm
- conman15 August 2020 - 6:12 pm
- new way15 August 2020 - 5:46 pm
- catching up15 August 2020 - 5:48 pm
- must go15 August 2020 - 4:22 pm
- Latest report15 August 2020 - 3:16 pm
- for the love15 August 2020 - 3:29 pm
- Comical15 August 2020 - 2:58 pm
- grisly15 August 2020 - 2:46 pm
- lavish15 August 2020 - 2:00 pm
- go home15 August 2020 - 1:34 pm