President Uhuru Kenyatta on Wednesday, March 25, announced that one of the patients who had tested positive for coronavirus disease (Covid-19) has made a full recovery.
Speaking during a press briefing at State House Nairobi, the president announced the good news and further revealed that numerous other cases had been found negative after testing.
The president also stated that three other patients had been confirmed to have the virus bringing the total number to 28.President Uhuru Kenyatta at State House, Nairobi, where he hosted national prayers against the Coronavirus pandemic on March 21, 2020.PSCU
In addition, the president stated that the government was implementing strict protocols to seek and test persons who may be carriers of this virus.
"I wish to assure you all that we are continually enhancing our quarantine and testing services through our developmental partners," he stated.
The president then announced that he and Deputy President William Ruto would take voluntary 80% pay cuts while Cabinet Secretaries had agreed to a 30 % pay cut.
Additionally, he ordered that Ksh1 billion from the Universal Health Kitty be immediately appropriated and used to recruit health workers to mitigate the effects of Coronavirus pandemic.
He also ordered all civil servants in Group F and of 50 years of age and above to seek leave.
President Uhuru then went on to announce the suspension of all CRB listing of persons and SMEs who had defaulted on their loans starting April 1, 2020.
The head of state also suspended all CRB listing of persons and SMEs who have defaulted on their loans until April 1, 2020.
The president also announced a 100% tax relief for all Kenyans earning below Ksh24,000 and a 25% tax relief for other workers.
He stated the reduction of the Pay as You Earn (PAYE) tax rate from 30% to 25%.
Below is a video;
- Made Different18 September 2021 - 6:55 pm
- CELEBRATORY18 September 2021 - 7:01 pm
- Head On18 September 2021 - 6:21 pm
- congratulations18 September 2021 - 4:01 pm
- Truth Bombs18 September 2021 - 3:55 pm
- Time Schedule18 September 2021 - 3:36 pm
- OPERATION18 September 2021 - 4:46 pm
- Sad incident18 September 2021 - 2:59 pm
- TITHING DIFFERENTLY18 September 2021 - 3:28 pm
- details18 September 2021 - 2:08 pm
- Posh living18 September 2021 - 1:24 pm
- Piece of advice18 September 2021 - 1:57 pm