- Citizen Digital
A Kenyan nurse living and working in the United States has opened up about dire situations she is forced to endure on a daily basis.
While appearing on JKLive, Dorothy Ogega, a Gentratric, narrated that she works 18-hour shifts and is constantly exposed to the virus on a daily basis.
She further stated that by virtue of her work, she also exposes her children to the virus which has claimed more than 20,000 lives worldwide.A medical practitioner dressed in protective gear at the Coronavirus isolation and treatment facility in Mbagathi District Hospital on Friday, March 6, 2020.Simon KiraguKenyans.co.ke
"Yeah, It is hell here. It has been very challenging since we had our first case and I am very scared. Being a Kenyan and a nurse here, I am very scared.
"At the moment we have 60,000 patients and 807 deaths. Being a Gentriatric, I work with the elderly and they are the most vulnerable. Their immune system is not able to contend with the virus," she stated.
The nurse further noted that the worrisome factor has to be that the US is running out of supplies both for the patients and protective gear for the medical personnel helping to contain the virus.
"In the US, we are running out of supplies and we are struggling. The US was not ready for this," she continued.
The mother of three noted that she is weighed down by the fact that she has to assure her children that they will be okay.
"My boys are grown enough so they understand but again, I am their mommy to them so I have to assure them. I have to take off my clothes in the garage, leave them there. It is not an easy thing to do.
"Please my fellow Kenyans, let us heed to the social distancing because this virus is there," she pleaded.
- ImageTragic30 March 2020 - 8:52 pm
- Imagetrue or false?30 March 2020 - 7:59 pm
- Imagerestrain30 March 2020 - 7:55 pm
- Imageoblivious30 March 2020 - 7:27 pm
- Imagegoodies30 March 2020 - 7:29 pm
- Imagetimely30 March 2020 - 6:46 pm
- Imagehistoric30 March 2020 - 5:37 pm
- Imageout of stock?30 March 2020 - 5:00 pm
- Imagefed-up30 March 2020 - 4:25 pm
- ImageRed-line30 March 2020 - 4:32 pm
- ImageSurge30 March 2020 - 3:21 pm
- Imagethe law won30 March 2020 - 4:11 pm