- Simon KiraguKenyans.co.ke
The Ministry of Health on Thursday, March 26, announced that there were three new confirmed cases of Covid-19, bringing the total to 31.
Speaking during the daily press briefing outside Afya House, Nairobi, Health CAS Mercy Mwangangi, revealed that the new patients were all Kenyans who had close contact with previously confirmed cases.
"74 cases have been tested out of which, 3 people have tested positive of coronavirus disease bringing the total number to 31. The affected counties are Nairobi, Kwale, Mombasa, Kilifi & Kajiado," she announced.Health Chief Administrative Secretary (CAS) Dr Mercy Mwangangi pictured during a press briefing, March 26, 2020.File
The Health CAS confirmed that the new patients who had tested positive for Covid-19 were all females aged between 30-61 years.
Of the three additional cases, CAS Mwangangi further stated that two were from Kilifi County and one from Nairobi.
She then informed the press of the existence of at least 2,000 people who had arrived in the country since Monday, March 23, going on to confirm that they were all under isolation awaiting testing.
"We have traced 1,029 close contacts of confirmed Covid-19 cases. 123 out of these have been discharged after a 14-day follow up period.
"Eighteen individuals are currently admitted at Mbagathi Hospital awaiting tests. We are in the process of consulting on how to handle Kilifi County and other emerging hotspots," she disclosed.
The Health CAS then reiterated that the dusk-to-dawn curfew that was announced by President Uhuru Kenyatta was a measure to strengthen other measures put in place to combat the spread of the virus.
She urged Kenyans to adhere to all the measures and directives set out by the government to ensure the deadly virus was contained.
Watch the full Ministry of Health Covid-19 briefing below:
- ImageTragic30 March 2020 - 8:52 pm
- Imagetrue or false?30 March 2020 - 7:59 pm
- Imagerestrain30 March 2020 - 7:55 pm
- Imageoblivious30 March 2020 - 7:27 pm
- Imagegoodies30 March 2020 - 7:29 pm
- Imagetimely30 March 2020 - 6:46 pm
- Imagehistoric30 March 2020 - 5:37 pm
- Imageout of stock?30 March 2020 - 5:00 pm
- Imagefed-up30 March 2020 - 4:25 pm
- ImageRed-line30 March 2020 - 4:32 pm
- ImageSurge30 March 2020 - 3:21 pm
- Imagethe law won30 March 2020 - 4:11 pm