A primary school teacher and her two daughters were arrested on Tuesday evening, March 31 for allegedly beating their caretaker to death in Ugenya, Siaya County.
The three, who are since being held at Ukwala Police Station over the death of Davine Otieno, are said to have had an altercation with the caretaker before they beat him up.
Neighbours who spoke to Radio Ramogi stated that Otieno stopped Vivian Rebecca's children from hanging their clothes on the fence of the plot before an argument ensued.Kenya police officers pictured outside a house designated as a crime scene.
The argument is said to have escalated, with the mother joining in and the three proceeding to beat the 27-year-old to death.
Ugenya Sub-county Police Commander Willy Simba told the radio station that officers had been tipped off about the case by a witness.
He added that officers who went to the scene of crime found Otieno's body. However, they reported that the body had no visible injuries.
The body of the 27-year-old was moved to Ukwala Sub-county Hospital and is awaiting post mortem.
The three suspects are in custody, waiting to be arraigned in court. Penal Code Section 204 states that anyone found guilty of murder, robbery with violence, treason and other capital offences shall be hanged.
In 2017, however, the Supreme Court declared that mandatory death sentence was unconstitutional.A Kenyan Police Officer pictured at a crime scene.
- Massive Shortage1 October 2020 - 8:03 pm
- keynote1 October 2020 - 7:53 pm
- fatal1 October 2020 - 7:49 pm
- Nabbed1 October 2020 - 6:38 pm
- RIP1 October 2020 - 6:20 pm
- mass recruitment1 October 2020 - 6:20 pm
- Chaos1 October 2020 - 6:00 pm
- command the road1 October 2020 - 5:46 pm
- out of the box1 October 2020 - 4:42 pm
- latest report1 October 2020 - 3:30 pm
- raid1 October 2020 - 3:50 pm
- Outcry1 October 2020 - 2:46 pm