A primary school teacher and her two daughters were arrested on Tuesday evening, March 31 for allegedly beating their caretaker to death in Ugenya, Siaya County.
The three, who are since being held at Ukwala Police Station over the death of Davine Otieno, are said to have had an altercation with the caretaker before they beat him up.
Neighbours who spoke to Radio Ramogi stated that Otieno stopped Vivian Rebecca's children from hanging their clothes on the fence of the plot before an argument ensued.Kenya police officers pictured outside a house designated as a crime scene.
The argument is said to have escalated, with the mother joining in and the three proceeding to beat the 27-year-old to death.
Ugenya Sub-county Police Commander Willy Simba told the radio station that officers had been tipped off about the case by a witness.
He added that officers who went to the scene of crime found Otieno's body. However, they reported that the body had no visible injuries.
The body of the 27-year-old was moved to Ukwala Sub-county Hospital and is awaiting post mortem.
The three suspects are in custody, waiting to be arraigned in court. Penal Code Section 204 states that anyone found guilty of murder, robbery with violence, treason and other capital offences shall be hanged.
In 2017, however, the Supreme Court declared that mandatory death sentence was unconstitutional.A Kenyan Police Officer pictured at a crime scene.
- Protests25 May 2020 - 3:12 pm
- Clarification25 May 2020 - 2:36 pm
- next level25 May 2020 - 1:50 pm
- Extreme Measures25 May 2020 - 1:03 pm
- coming clean25 May 2020 - 12:40 pm
- winning25 May 2020 - 11:48 am
- Head On25 May 2020 - 11:08 am
- Vaccine25 May 2020 - 10:59 am
- Saddening25 May 2020 - 10:07 am
- helping hand25 May 2020 - 9:55 am
- Poisoned25 May 2020 - 8:50 am
- heated25 May 2020 - 8:20 am