Kenya basketballer Felmas Adhiambo Koranga was ranked the second-best Junior College basketball player in the US, World Exposure Women's Basketball revealed on April 8.
The star player was then snatched up by the famous Troy women’s basketball team based in Alabama.
Head Women's Basketball Coach at Troy University Chanda Rugby confirmed the signing on her official Twitter page.Adhiambo Koranga poses in her new Troy Women's University kit on April 8, 2020.
According to data from World Exposure Women's Basketball, the Kenyan star has been on a remarkable streak, ever since she landed a sports scholarship at Tyler University back in 2018.
"She has amassed over 1,000 points & 750 rebounds in her two-year career. Felmas finished 6th in the nation for blocks (92), 16th for total points (590), and 5th for total rebounds (407).
"She has tallied 26 double-doubles in 31 starts, averaging 19.0 points and 13.1 rebounds per game," the report reads.
Interestingly, Adhiambo is an Alumnus of Shimba Hills Secondary School, an institution that is renowned for the high number of girls who land sports scholarships in the US.
During an interview with the Daily Nation back in 2018, the soft-spoken Adhiambo was quick to thank her former high school for helping her realise her dreams.
"I am happy that finally, my dream has come true. When I joined Shimba Hills Secondary at Form Two in 2011, I had a target to follow on the footsteps of Jackeline Wasuda, Josephine, Owino, Brenda Wasuda, Mildred Olumasi, Gladys Wanyama, Beatrice Awino and many more who used the game of basketball at the Coast Schools to land in the US.
"I thank God that my dream has come true," she stated, going on to thank former Shimba Hills Secondary School principal Robert Aran.
- New Beginnings28 September 2021 - 7:52 pm
- Solving Case28 September 2021 - 7:40 pm
- Wealth28 September 2021 - 7:15 pm
- Blow28 September 2021 - 7:26 pm
- Merger28 September 2021 - 7:21 pm
- Step In28 September 2021 - 6:50 pm
- WIN FOR KENYA28 September 2021 - 7:15 pm
- Barred28 September 2021 - 6:33 pm
- Inaccessible28 September 2021 - 6:55 pm
- sad28 September 2021 - 5:24 pm
- Climbing the Mountain28 September 2021 - 5:39 pm
- Heated28 September 2021 - 3:59 pm