Deputy President William Ruto has shelved his cold war with President Uhuru Kenyatta and availed himself at State House, Nairobi to celebrate Madaraka Day.
In a video seen by Kenyans.co.ke on Monday, June 1, the DP was picked at his Karen, Nairobi residence and was escorted to State House with a police convoy.
The convoy entailed over three police riders and a motorcade of over ten vehicles.File image of Deputy President William Ruto at State House
The Madaraka Day program detailed that the DP will address the nation, before inviting the president to deliver his address.
The development comes in the backdrop of reports alleging that Kenyatta and Ruto met at State House on Saturday, May 30, with the two holding talks for over seven hours.
Details of the meeting were scanty, however, Ruto has been silent as Kenyatta went on a purge against the DP's allies in Senate and Parliament.
The DP has avoided commenting on Kenyatta's decision to crack the whip.
This will be Ruto's first meeting in public with Kenyatta, after the purge commenced, with the two having shared a podium in April 2020, as Kenyatta led national prayers against Coronavirus.
Ruto skipped Labour Day celebrations at State House on May 1. He also skipped Kenyatta's Parliamentary Group meeting at State House in the same month. During the PG, Kenyatta ousted Senator Kipchumba Murkomen (Elgeyo- Marakwet) as Senate Majority Leader.
Murkomen a close ally of the DP later on led other Senators aligned to Ruto in rejecting consolation posts in the Senate.Madaraka Day program on June 1, 2020File
- tell-all4 July 2020 - 6:56 pm
- avoidable4 July 2020 - 7:13 pm
- new high4 July 2020 - 5:02 pm
- my side4 July 2020 - 4:50 pm
- new job new car4 July 2020 - 4:37 pm
- only the truth4 July 2020 - 3:20 pm
- Power play4 July 2020 - 2:51 pm
- from grass to grace4 July 2020 - 2:38 pm
- square one4 July 2020 - 12:40 pm
- Troubled times4 July 2020 - 12:29 pm
- switched lanes4 July 2020 - 1:57 pm
- Facelift4 July 2020 - 11:57 am