President Uhuru Kenyatta on Saturday, August 8, made a surprise stop along Kirinyaga Road in Nairobi and interacted with a crowd gathered around him.
The incident happened on Saturday evening with details about his surprise visit to the Central Business District unknown.
The Head of State was driving himself on a Presidential Escort Subaru Outback and chatted with the crowd for a few minutes before driving off.President Uhuru Kenyatta's pictured in one of his Toyota Land Cruiser 200 series.
The crowd was delighted to see him and cheered him on as he spoke in an inaudible clip that surfaced online due to the noise from the people gathered.
Uhuru sat on the roof of the car on the driver’s side as he interacted with the crowd with his security team struggling to contain the crowd.
The excited crowd however flouted Ministry of Health's Covid-19 protocols with little regard for social distancing.
This becomes the second time Uhuru has interacted freely with the public in less than a month as he spared his Sunday afternoon, July 19, to spend time with Kenyans in downtown Nairobi.
A video of him alighting from his Mercedes G Wagon to wave to a gahering crowd stunned by the unusual sighting of the Commander in Chief was shared widely on social media.
ICT Cabinet Secretary Joe Mucheru on Tuesday, June 30, narrated how President Uhuru Kenyatta took him on a night tour around Nairobi.
"When we went, I was worried about where we were but the president does this on a regular basis and not with a motorcade but he drives himself.
"He takes us round and you wonder how does he even knows these places but he knows even more than many of us," noted Mucheru.
- bravo!23 September 2020 - 7:59 pm
- turf wars23 September 2020 - 7:56 pm
- Baba Speaks23 September 2020 - 7:16 pm
- be warned23 September 2020 - 7:01 pm
- changes23 September 2020 - 6:44 pm
- road carnage23 September 2020 - 6:37 pm
- please23 September 2020 - 5:43 pm
- Pay Up23 September 2020 - 4:31 pm
- man of many firsts23 September 2020 - 4:57 pm
- disaster averted23 September 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Ruto's Reaction23 September 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Another one23 September 2020 - 3:28 pm