Kenyans online came to the aid of a family relocating from Ruiru to Kitale after a moving company allegedly made away with their household items.
The story was shared widely on social media platforms with the public urged to report any sighting of the lorry belonging to the moving firm.
Following leads from the public after the story went viral on social media, police managed to arrest the suspects on Tuesday, August 11 in Kaimosi, Vihiga County.An image of a lorry impounded at Kaimosi, Vihiga County on Tuesday 11 August 2020.
Number plates and images of the lorry were shared including the drivers' phone numbers which were allegedly switched off after the story gained traction on social media.
The driver and the turnboy of the moving company failed to inform the relocating family about delays they were experiencing leading to delays in their delivery.
Following the arrests, the driver and the turnboy claimed that the lorry had stalled in Gilgil after developing mechanical issues.
Questions were raised as to why all the phone numbers of the driver, the turnboy and the owner of the company went off around the same time.
The company also claimed that they were scheduled to pick up more luggage along the journey that was scheduled for Kitale.
According to various sources, the lorry was spotted in South B, Nairobi on Monday, August 10 at around 7:30 pm with the police tipped off on the sighting.
On Tuesday, August 11, the lorry was spotted in Kapsabet with the police alerted as the officers trailed it to Kaimosi where they were arrested.
The household items were recovered with some of them damaged with the moving company allegedly denying full payment of the whole trip.An image of a lorry impounded at Kaimosi, Vihiga County on Tuesday 11 August 2020.
- bravo!23 September 2020 - 7:59 pm
- turf wars23 September 2020 - 7:56 pm
- Baba Speaks23 September 2020 - 7:16 pm
- be warned23 September 2020 - 7:01 pm
- changes23 September 2020 - 6:44 pm
- road carnage23 September 2020 - 6:37 pm
- please23 September 2020 - 5:43 pm
- Pay Up23 September 2020 - 4:31 pm
- man of many firsts23 September 2020 - 4:57 pm
- disaster averted23 September 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Ruto's Reaction23 September 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Another one23 September 2020 - 3:28 pm