Citizen TV anchor Willis Raburu has revealed that he will be expanding his career to join the music industry.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, he announced that he would be releasing a new song in a weeks time.
“I have already recorded it and preparing to shoot the video. I am excited for it," he explained.Citizen TV presenter Willis Raburu at the set of 10 over 10File
Willis will be releasing music using his new stage name Bazu, which is borrowed from Ethic's hit song Doktari.
The news anchor's new jam has been influenced by the genre of music that has become popular on his show 10 Over 10.
He added that if the track performs well he will venture into music and release more songs.
Raburu explained that the disruption caused by Covid-19 had inspired him to start the project which he had been planning for a long time.
One of the hardest skills the versatile media personality says he has had to learn in his new venture is writing lyrics.
The 10 Over 10 show has been instrumental in popularising the anchor beyond the news audience, making him a favourite among the youth.
He has also made a mark in the music culture with his tagline Wabebe which has become synonymous with the news anchor.
Despite the evolution of his popularity, Raburu has also rubbed shoulders the wrong way with KFCB CEO Ezekiel Mutua and other Kenyans who criticise the 10 Over 10 show's content.
Many have taken an issue with the dress code, dance style and other elements of the show.
Speaking with MC Jessy during a previous interview, he explained that he had gotten used to criticism and has been able to separate positive and negative criticism.
The music business will add onto Raburu's already full plate, having to juggle his anchoring role, his job at Hot 96 FM and 10 over 10.Citizen TV presenter Willis Raburu at the set of Morning Breakfast on Citizen TVFile
- bravo!23 September 2020 - 7:59 pm
- turf wars23 September 2020 - 7:56 pm
- Baba Speaks23 September 2020 - 7:16 pm
- be warned23 September 2020 - 7:01 pm
- changes23 September 2020 - 6:44 pm
- road carnage23 September 2020 - 6:37 pm
- please23 September 2020 - 5:43 pm
- Pay Up23 September 2020 - 4:31 pm
- man of many firsts23 September 2020 - 4:57 pm
- disaster averted23 September 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Ruto's Reaction23 September 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Another one23 September 2020 - 3:28 pm