Kenya has recorded 580 more Covid-19 positive cases in the last 24 hours bringing the total number of cases in the country to 29,334.
During the daily Covid-19 briefing at Afya House on Friday August 14, Health CAS Mercy Mwangangi announced that 5,458 samples had been tested over the same period.
Of the cases tested, 336 are male and 244 are female while the youngest case is 1-year-old and the oldest is aged 92.
530 were Kenyans while 50 are foreigners.
At the same time, 198 patients had been discharged with those on home-based care at 119 and 79 from the hospitals bringing the total number of recoveries to 15,298.
Regrettably, five patients succumbed to the disease bring the total number of fatalities to 465.
Nairobi county had 375 new cases with Kiambu recording 53 cases and Machakos 23, Busia 17, Mombasa 15, Makuru 15, Kajiado 14, Kisumu 12, Lamu 10, Nyeri 7, Laikipia 3, Baringo 2, Kisii 2, Turkana 2, Vihiga 2 with Bungoma, Garissa, Nyandarua, Trans Nzoia, Murang'a all recording one case each.
CAS Mwangangi further stated that all health allowances had been paid to health workers adding that the Ministry had documentation to prove it.
"We have procured additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) and we want the health workers to remain confident that they will get them," she added.
She further stated that the Ministry was targeting additional 5,000 health workers over time across all cadres to help in the fight against Covid-19.
Mwangangi further urged for the disbursement of credible information noting that passing false information hampered the fight against the pandemic.Some of the beds placed within the Covid-19 emergency treatment tent at the Machakos Stadium, April 20, 2020
- Tough Times28 September 2020 - 9:58 am
- The Truth28 September 2020 - 8:55 am
- Mystery28 September 2020 - 7:53 am
- Be Warned28 September 2020 - 7:12 am
- friends turned foes27 September 2020 - 8:15 pm
- Ng'eno Again27 September 2020 - 7:50 pm
- Covid who?27 September 2020 - 6:55 pm
- road carnage27 September 2020 - 6:36 pm
- Stance27 September 2020 - 5:20 pm
- out and about27 September 2020 - 5:07 pm
- Surge27 September 2020 - 3:59 pm
- Milestones27 September 2020 - 4:21 pm