On Thursday evening, August 27, Kenyans eyes were fixated on an interview where Deputy President William Ruto was hosted by Citizen TV's Joe Ageyo.
The DP discussed a number of issues including; the constitution, wrangles in the jubilee party, sentiments he made about the system and the deep state and corruption among others.
As the pre-recorded interview was airing during the 9 pm news bulletin, a photo of President Uhuru Kenyatta keenly watching, surfaced on the internet.President Uhuru Kenyatta during a zoom meeting with African leaders on August 21, 2020.PSCU
The photo confused a number of netizens, some amused at how keen the president was while watching the interview with others quickly identifying that the image had been altered.
"When DP. Ruto speaks everyone listens," Kevin Kiaries commented.
"Isn't it a photoshop?" Kiambi Mutwiri posed.
Kenyans.co.ke can independently state that the image was photoshopped from one where the president had a virtual meeting with African leaders.
In the meeting, the head of state and other African leaders were discussing the Mali coup to demand the immediate release of President Boubacar Keita, who was seized by mutinying soldiers.
Speaking to this writer, Benir Africa founder and graphics editor Timothy Gichuru identified signs that the image had been photoshopped.
"The angle of the TV seems placed. If it was a real TV or projection, the TV would be in a 45-degree angle and the brightness of the screen would also be darker than the environment.
"Most TV screens tend to be darker when someone takes a photo. The screen also covers the lady in the right and also part of the man's head," explained Gichuhi.Deputy President William Ruto (right) in an interview with Citizen TV's Joe Ageyo on Citizen TV on Thursday night, August 27, 2020File
- unfortunate29 September 2020 - 9:26 am
- Seized29 September 2020 - 9:19 am
- Sent packing29 September 2020 - 8:44 am
- Daring Abroad29 September 2020 - 8:05 am
- Power House29 September 2020 - 7:15 am
- blocked29 September 2020 - 7:20 am
- Daring29 September 2020 - 10:43 am
- phased reopening28 September 2020 - 7:23 pm
- New Guidelines28 September 2020 - 6:07 pm
- All in28 September 2020 - 5:53 pm
- in hindsight28 September 2020 - 6:17 pm
- updates28 September 2020 - 5:03 pm