Siaya County Education CEC was relieved of her position on the night of Tuesday, September 29, 2020.
Mary Olute, was shown the door a day before she was set to appear before the County Assembly's General Oversight Committee.
She was meant to discuss the criteria in which the county was planning to disburse bursaries.
"It is true I have been given the letter which I received yesterday relieving me of my duties.Siaya Governor Cornel Rasanga Amoth (left) takes the oath of office when he was sworn-in by Justice Aggrey Muchelule at Siaya Stadium in 2013Daily Nation
"This is a political appointment and if the governor feels I can no longer work with him then it is okay," she stated.
Before the summon, Olute had been summoned by the county's Public Accounts and Investment Committee to explain how her office had spent Ksh38 million bursary for the 2017/2018 financial year.
An audit had revealed that some of the students who were recorded as being awarded bursaries were not registered in any learning institution.
She was appointed to the position by Governor Cornel Rasanga in his second term in office.
Before her appointment, Olute worked the Secretary-General of the Kenya National Commission for United Nations Education Science and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) in Kenya.
She had been appointed to the position owing to her experience in the Education Sector.
She possesses a Master of Arts Degree in Leadership and Policy Education from Moi University as well as Masters in Sociology from the University of Nairobi.A signpost showing Siaya County AssemblyFile
- Reopening Challenges20 October 2020 - 8:21 pm
- Harsh measures20 October 2020 - 8:03 pm
- Elegant20 October 2020 - 7:32 pm
- Huduma Debate20 October 2020 - 7:09 pm
- The Chosen20 October 2020 - 6:59 pm
- Tragedy20 October 2020 - 5:57 pm
- latest20 October 2020 - 4:50 pm
- Explained20 October 2020 - 4:48 pm
- Commendable20 October 2020 - 4:37 pm
- Stunning20 October 2020 - 4:07 pm
- Confessions20 October 2020 - 2:48 pm
- Pay Day20 October 2020 - 2:14 pm