The widow of the late MP William ole Ntimama was allegedly denied access to a Ksh 100 million fund left by the deceased as she battles with her son-in-law over the control the money.
Ntimama had directed the fund to be managed by his late daughter Vivian Ntimama who was also to inherit it in case her mother Pedelai Ntimama passed away.
Vivian who succumbed to a heart attack on Friday morning, January 31, was also tasked with meeting the medical expenses of her mother.
However, Vivian's husband Erick Kimani allegedly denied Ntimama widow access to the money after she requested Ksh 50 million for upkeep.The late Vivian Ntimama, daughter of former MP William ole Ntimama who also passed away in 2016File
The duo's effort to solve the matter out of court backfired, and while appearing before the court, Kimani argued that Pedelai did not want to seek his consent.
“We have a small problem with that. The applicants made it clear that they do not want to consult us.
"The application is to have our consent without talking to us. Asking that 50% be released will be settling the matter while still litigating,” Kimani's lawyer Stephen Kabucho responded to the petition by Pedelai’s lawyer Omwanza Ombati.
The private insurance firm managing the Ksh 100 million fund also sued the two.
The firm detailed that the duo issued contradicting request over the release of the funds.
Judge Francis Tuiyott postponed the hearing date to February 27 and March 1, 2021.
Ole Ntimama, the late Narok North MP, died on the night of September 1, 2016, from natural causes.
The politician left behind property worth Kh2 billion.The late William ole Ntimama at a rally in 2013Filedied scam
- Under Siege7 December 2021 - 7:12 pm
- Philanthropic7 December 2021 - 7:47 pm
- waiting7 December 2021 - 6:39 pm
- New Direction7 December 2021 - 6:04 pm
- Exposed7 December 2021 - 6:07 pm
- Disrupted7 December 2021 - 5:34 pm
- Lucky7 December 2021 - 4:47 pm
- NOT YET7 December 2021 - 5:06 pm
- Undercover7 December 2021 - 5:54 pm
- Explained7 December 2021 - 4:34 pm
- Disclosed7 December 2021 - 4:28 pm
- ORDER7 December 2021 - 3:41 pm