Former Prime Minister Raila Odinga on Sunday, October 18, attended the dowry negotiations of Siaya Governor Cornel Rasanga's daughter.
The ODM Party Leader was accompanied by his wife Ida Odinga to the ceremony that was held at the Governor's Segere home.
Raila flew to the Governor's home on a chopper and was welcomed by a group of dancers who ushered him with dance and praise songs.Siaya Governor Colonel Amoth Rasanga
Odinga also broke into dance as he made his way into the compound accompanied by the dancers most of them elderly women.
The songs were tailor-made to praise the former Prime Minister and his stellar political career.
Rasanga's daughter was also ushered into the house by a group of women who danced and sang dressed in African regalia.
The group of women, however, failed to adhere to the Covid-19 Ministry of Health protocols as they had no face masks on and did not observe social distancing guidelines.
Rasanga's wife Rosella Njaya was also present in the ceremony alongside the Governor who was part of the team that welcomed Raila.
This comes amid reports of Raila's elder brother Oburu Oginga declaring his interest in running for Siaya senate seat with James Orengo rumoured to be eyeing the Gubernatorial seat.
Back in 2016 rumours emerged of Rasanga seeking Odinga’s daughter Rosemary as his 2017 running mate.
Rasanga, however, chose, James Okumbe as his running mate who has now declared interest in the Gubernatorial seat.
- upgrade21 October 2020 - 7:30 pm
- no-show21 October 2020 - 7:02 pm
- Get Out21 October 2020 - 5:49 pm
- taking chances21 October 2020 - 6:04 pm
- emergency21 October 2020 - 6:17 pm
- counterpunch21 October 2020 - 4:41 pm
- On the hunt21 October 2020 - 4:57 pm
- latest report21 October 2020 - 4:01 pm
- angered21 October 2020 - 4:16 pm
- indecisive21 October 2020 - 4:26 pm
- tough tines21 October 2020 - 3:29 pm
- My Cup of Tea21 October 2020 - 4:03 pm