Legendary actor Mzee Makanyaga, who featured on shows on Kenya Broadcasting Corporation (KBC) in the in 1990s has passed on.
Sources who spoke to Kenyans.co.ke indicated that Makanyaga died on Tuesday afternoon, October 27, at his Pumwani home, Nairobi County.
Mzee Makanyaga is said to have died of diseases related to old age.A casket being lowered into the ground
He will be buried tomorrow on Wednesday, October 27, according to the Muslim customs.
Mary Khavere (Mama Kayai), who worked for years with the deceased, told Kenyans.co.ke that Makanyaga was a selfless individual who was always willing to lend a hand whenever someone had a problem.
"Makanyaga was like a parent to me. There's a time we used to dance traditional songs at a club called the Black Golden Stars. He was a very good drummist and he would make dancing easier and enjoyable. This was before we embarked on an acting journey," Mama Kayai stated.
She urged fellow thespians to make contributions for the deceased in order to give him a befitting send off.
Makanyaga's death came just months after legendary actor Mzee Kihara died on Thursday, July 23.
Mzee Kihara was an actor in K24 TV's Jungu Kuu show alongside some of the industry's veterans including Mary Khavere popularly known as Mama Kayai on the famed Vitimbi Show, Lucy Wangui and Gibson Mbugua who starred as the judge and prosecutor respectively on the court room drama show Vioja Mahakamani.
Mzee Kihara featured in many local productions including Hullabaloo Estate on Maisha Magic East.Actor Mzee Kihara died on Thursday, July 24, 2020.
- Cost Cutting24 November 2020 - 5:12 pm
- Surge24 November 2020 - 3:45 pm
- admission24 November 2020 - 3:49 pm
- Ruto Response24 November 2020 - 2:54 pm
- On the Spot24 November 2020 - 3:15 pm
- act of kindness24 November 2020 - 3:01 pm
- panic24 November 2020 - 2:39 pm
- clarification24 November 2020 - 2:32 pm
- Conquerors24 November 2020 - 2:29 pm
- Higher Level24 November 2020 - 2:05 pm
- secret admirer24 November 2020 - 2:10 pm
- bounce back24 November 2020 - 1:33 pm