- The Standard
Police officers were forced to watch a suspect receive salvation after they chased him into a church. Congregants had refused to allow the law enforcers to apprehend him until he is prayed for.
The suspect had hurled stones at the officers who were in a patrol van in Kiminini, Trans Nzoia County. The officers were passing by and had not provoked the man.
Attempts to arrest him resulted in hot pursuit with the man seeking shelter at Assemblies of Grace Church.
One policeman chased after him aboard a motorcycle while the rest followed in the police vehicle.Entrance to a Kenya police station.File
The congregants shielded him from the officers who stormed the church demanding to arrest him.
The police had to wait for five minuted as the clergy laid his hand on the suspect's head and led him to Christ.
Police, meanwhile, surrounded the pastor and the suspect.
The pastor asked the man to repent before he handed him over to the police officers.
He was handcuffed, bundled into the waiting van before being driven to Mutangale Police Station where he recorded a statement.
"We were in our normal patrol when the man pelted us with stones, but we have arrested him and he will be charged," an officer stated.
He hinted that the man may be charged with attempting to assault officers. However, a mental assessment may have to be conducted before he is charged.A suspect in handcuffs
- last moments2 March 2021 - 4:22 pm
- High Life2 March 2021 - 3:43 pm
- Up in Flames2 March 2021 - 2:48 pm
- Free2 March 2021 - 3:14 pm
- Tweet a crime2 March 2021 - 4:13 pm
- Insider2 March 2021 - 1:57 pm
- dangerous2 March 2021 - 1:25 pm
- breakthrough2 March 2021 - 1:50 pm
- Notice Issued2 March 2021 - 1:04 pm
- revealed2 March 2021 - 12:51 pm
- Hit2 March 2021 - 2:35 pm
- Principal teacher2 March 2021 - 12:55 pm