Baringo senator Gideon Moi surprised an 88-year-old man at his home in Chesongo, Baringo County on Sunday, January 3.
Gideon landed at Ezekiel Kiplelmet's home in a chopper a few minutes past 3 pm in a cleared section of his land.
Kiplelmet had always wanted to meet the senator and had on a number of occasions requested to have an audience with him. He described him as a caring man whom he lived to see grow politically.Baringo Senator Gideon Moi and Ministry of Foreign Affairs CAS Ababu Namwamba arriving in Lilongwe, Malawi in July 2020, for the inauguration of President Lazarus Chakwera.
"I just came here to see Mzee Kiplelmet. He stood with the party and remained loyal till he retired. He worked with Mzee Moi and me," Gideon stated.
The senator acknowledged that Mzee Kiplelmet had been of help to him especially when it came to matters relating to the KANU party.
"I am happy to have seen the old man. I am at peace with myself having seen him and I thank the family for taking care of him," Gideon added.
After the visit, the 88-year-old, who is mostly confined inside the house, was wheeled out by his grandchildren to where the senator was addressing the locals in the area.
The senator used the opportunity to drum up support for the Building Bridges Initiative (BBI).
He said that the youth were the greatest beneficiaries of the report and asked them to support it.
His visit came days after the KANU chairman was forced to cut short his trip to Kapsisiywa village to visit Talai elders.
The irate youth barricaded the convoy with sticks, eventually forcing the convoy to retreat.KANU secretary general Nick Salat (left), Baringo Senator Gideon Moi (centre) and former Baringo Governor Benjamin Cheboi at Kapchepkor during the burial of politician Yano Singei.Daily NationCheboite Kigenchild
- tragedy20 September 2021 - 10:28 pm
- CONTINENTAL GIANT20 September 2021 - 7:10 pm
- FACE OFF20 September 2021 - 6:28 pm
- Revealed20 September 2021 - 5:52 pm
- Voice of the Mountain20 September 2021 - 5:30 pm
- DIRECTIVE20 September 2021 - 4:11 pm
- RESCUED20 September 2021 - 3:28 pm
- Next phase20 September 2021 - 2:16 pm
- Change of tact20 September 2021 - 1:24 pm
- Interruptions20 September 2021 - 12:53 pm
- Congrats20 September 2021 - 1:05 pm
- SHOCKING20 September 2021 - 12:45 pm