- The Standard
Chama Cha Mashinani (CCM) party leader Isaac Ruto is reportedly on his way to Deputy President William Ruto's camp ahead of the 2022 General Elections.
The former Bomet governor indicated that he and the DP were still in the process of negotiations before he agrees to support him.
"I may be the one who needs his support in 2022," Isaac stated.Former Bomet Governor Isaac Ruto attending a past meeting.Daily Nation
Isaac will be receiving the DP on Friday, January 15 in Sotik, Bomet County for a function where he will be handing over buses to schools and later preside over a fundraiser for boda boda saccos.
The DP is expected to make a stopover in Bomet Central where he will commission the town's access roads and donate a bus to the national super league side Silibwet FC.
The meeting came a month after Isaac declared that he would back Baringo Senator Gideon Moi’s presidential bid in 2022.
While addressing Kanu delegates and supporters during a BBI sensitisation campaign, the former Bomet Governor stated that the party planed to field candidates in all other elective positions except the presidency.
“We are ready as a party to support you. Our party will field candidates up-to county level but for the top seat, we will support you,” Isaac stated.
Days later, Isaac would dismiss the sentiments after some of his party members indicated that they had not been consulted.
A number of politicians have warmed up to the idea of working with the DP with nominated senator Isaac Mwaura being the latest to switch camps.Baringo Senator Gideon Moi.Filearmed armed
- New directive16 September 2021 - 7:48 pm
- Freedom16 September 2021 - 8:01 pm
- Scammed16 September 2021 - 7:38 pm
- Fury16 September 2021 - 7:29 pm
- Clapback16 September 2021 - 7:29 pm
- OPPORTUNITY16 September 2021 - 6:26 pm
- Central Role16 September 2021 - 6:25 pm
- unfortunate16 September 2021 - 5:41 pm
- Kind-Hearted16 September 2021 - 5:27 pm
- Remarkable16 September 2021 - 5:51 pm
- Disrupted16 September 2021 - 4:38 pm
- long arm of law16 September 2021 - 4:45 pm