Detectives from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) have traced and arrested a suspect in connection to a robbery along Mombasa Road that led to the loss of Ksh3.5 million from a local bank.
The suspect was traced to his home in Githunguri, Kiambu where he was arrested.
Authorities believe that the suspect disposed of the guns which had been taken from police officers guarding the bank.Firearms recovered by detectives following the heist on Monday, January 18.
Two pistols were found dumped outside Kiambu Hospital Gate on Tuesday, January 19, 2021.
“The firearms were dropped by a motorbike passenger at Kiambu Hospital’s Gate shortly before the motorbike disappeared into the darkness,” DCI George Kinoti said.
Police are yet to recover the motorbike which ferried the suspect to the scene where the guns were found.
The investigation is being conducted by a team of DCI detectives from the headquarters, Embakasi and Special Service Unit officers.
The arrest brings to four the number of suspects in police custody over the Monday afternoon robbery.
The suspects in custody include the two police officers who were guarding the bank and a teller.
The bank teller is expected to help DCI with insights on the heist which was conducted in broad daylight.
The robbery was staged in a way that even motorists who were driving in and out of the building did not suspect anything.
A private security guard sustained injuries on his right arm during the robbery.DCI George Kinoti issuing a statement on Wednesday, December 2.File
- New Frontier27 February 2021 - 6:30 pm
- Spike27 February 2021 - 5:29 pm
- unfortunate27 February 2021 - 5:06 pm
- Chairperson27 February 2021 - 4:06 pm
- Take Note27 February 2021 - 3:23 pm
- Withdrawal27 February 2021 - 3:00 pm
- Drainage27 February 2021 - 3:13 pm
- Easy as Pie27 February 2021 - 2:07 pm
- dangerous27 February 2021 - 1:54 pm
- Captured27 February 2021 - 1:40 pm
- Tragic27 February 2021 - 1:27 pm
- Heartmelting27 February 2021 - 1:05 pm